Located at the Board of Education Office
3880 Ridge Road, Medina, OH 44256
Phone Numbers: 330-239-1901, 330-686-1901, 330-278-2727
- Kelli Crawford-Smith, Director of Communications, ext. 1261:
The Office of Communications manages a comprehensive communication, public relations and marketing program that builds and promotes positive relationships with the communities we serve. These relationships ultimately help to increase and maintain community support for the District. We are committed to providing accurate, timely and easy-to-understand information regarding the Highland Local School District, including special programs, events, curriculum updates, facilities updates, financial news, etc.
The Office of Communications is responsible for the following:
- Managing internal and external communications programs
- Media relations, including press releases and coverage
- Planning and development of annual marketing and communications plan
- Coordination and design of the annual report and District calendar
- Crisis communication and support
- Production of all District publications, including a quarterly newsletter, "The Highland Highlight," e-news updates, brochures, flyers, etc.
- Photography at special events and programs
- Coordination of the Highland Pride Award recognition program
- News and information updates to the website and social media platforms
- Assisting with the preparation of special reports
- Highland logo standards and policies
Custom Mobile App
Did you know that the Highland Schools has a custom mobile app available for free download? It's true! The app makes it easy for anyone, anywhere to access important news and information related to the Highland Schools.
- Android users can download the app in the Google Play Store.
- iPhone users can visit the App Store.
- Search for “Highland Local Schools.”
- Select the app with the district H logo and green background.
- Subscribe to your child’s school, or if you have multiple children in the district, subscribe to multiple schools.
As always, please feel free to visit our website at www.highandschools.org. If you have suggestions for a revision or improvement, please let us know! Thank you!
Our automated calling system is used for calamity days, emergencies and informational purposes. If you no longer wish to receive these calls or if you receive a call in error, please call 330-239-1901, ext. 5109 to be removed from the call list.