On March 15, 2021, the Ohio Department of Health (ODH) revised orders related to student and employee quarantine procedures. See below for both current and updated orders.
CURRENT (Remains in Place)
Students and adults in K-12 schools may continue to attend in-person school and extracurricular activities IF the following conditions are met:
- The school documented and implemented COVID-19 prevention policies that include universal masking, physical distancing, handwashing, monitoring students with COVID-19 symptoms, and cleaning and disinfecting protocols.
- Exposure occurs within a classroom environment, with above procedures in place. (If an individual is exposed outside of the classroom setting, he/she is not permitted to attend school or participate in extracurricular activities during the quarantine period).
- The individual with COVID-19 and any associated contacts were wearing face masks that covered his/her nose and mouth at all times.
a. During lunch (when masks are off) students must have been at least six feet apart.
If an individual was exposed in the classroom with the above precautions in place, he/she is permitted to continue to attend school AND participate in extracurricular activities.
Students who are not required to quarantine due to exposure occurring in a classroom setting, under the school-based exposure guidance, are now permitted to participate in organized sports activities and extracurricular activities, as long as they remain symptom free and follow applicable guidance.
Students or employees who have been placed in quarantine may consider the following to end quarantine:
- 10 days without testing; OR
- 7 days after receiving a negative test result (test results MUST occur on Day 5 or later).
Please note, the timeline changes if an individual develops COVID-19 symptoms OR tests positive for COVID-19.