The Highland Choir Boosters is organized for the charitable and educational purpose of promoting and providing administrative, financial and moral support for the benefit of the Vocal Music Program.
These purposes shall include, but not be limited to, the following goals and objectives:
- To stimulate and maintain an enthusiastic community interest in the various activities of the Vocal Music Department of the Highland Local School District.
- To lend all possible support--administrative, financial and moral--to the Vocal Music Department of the Highland Local School District.
- To build and maintain an organization of parents who help promote the general activities of the Vocal Music Department.
Choir Boosters is a core of parents who meet monthly on the first Tuesday of each month with the goal of facilitating the needs and goals of the choir department and its students. We manage financial activities that include the fundraisers of State Contest Concession Stand and Spring Spotlight Ticket Sales. We also manage the maintenance, assignment, distribution and collection of concert attire. There is much to do to support both the High School and Middle School Musicals, and we often find ourselves brainstorming ways to add special touches to our events to make them more meaningful and memorable for our students and families. Finally, there is a Choir Booster Scholarship program every year for our graduating seniors. We enthusiastically invite all choir parents to become part of this group and its very rewarding pursuit!
2021-22 Highland Choir Booster Officers
- President - Tony Yu
- Vice President - Laura Barron
- Treasurer - Vicki Gibson
- Secretary - Shannon Stiggins
2022-23 Monthly Meeting Schedule
All meetings are held on the first Tuesday of the month in the HHS Choir Room at 7 p.m. (*Dates changed from 1st Tuesday of the month due to conflicts, such as holiday, concerts, elections, etc.)
- November 1, 2022
- December 6, 2022
- January 3, 2023
- February 7, 2023
- March 7, 2023
- April 4, 2023
- May 2, 2023
The Highland Choir Boosters awards two $1,000 scholarships annually to a senior choir member. Applications for the scholarship are available on the left under "Links."