Located at Highland High School
4150 Ridge Road, Medina, OH 44256
Phone Numbers: 330-239-1901, 330-686-1901, 330-278-2727
The Highland Food Service Department is dedicated to providing students with a nutritional lunch and is a member of the National School Lunch Program. The Menu Lunch follows the Recommended Dietary Allowance guidelines to provide less than 30% total fat and less than 10% saturated fat, and less than 1500 (mg) of sodium. Additionally, french fries and all potato products are baked and not deep-fried.
HLS Food Service's Wellness Policy as found in HLSD Bylaws and Policies 8510
HLSD Bylaws and Policies
HEALTHY & FRESH CHANGES TO HIGHLAND LUNCH MENUS!
The Food Services Department at Highland Local Schools is excited to serve our students and staff seasonal fresh fruits and vegetables grown locally by farmers in Northeast Ohio.
- Each month, our cafeterias will feature a “Harvest of the Month” fresh food item posted on the menu, including baked apple muffins, fresh peaches, and bread baked with herbs.
- We will also introduce “sample days” so that students and staff can taste-test items such as fresh spinach with sliced strawberries and locally made tortilla chips. The cafeteria at the elementary schools will also host “group taste tests” to help promote future menu items.
- Another exciting new addition to our cafeteria offerings this year is “Dough Go’s” cookies from Canton, Ohio. These cookies have no artificial preservatives or flavorings and the coloring comes from spinach, beet juice and pumpkin. They are whole grain and 100% delicious!
- Lastly, we will feature Boars Head Premium Meats in the “grab and go” sandwiches at the High School and Middle School cafeterias.
Fare Fare provides these locally grown products ~ “Farm Fare” fills in the gap between local food farmers/producers and Highland Local Schools. Farm Fare created the software to help the food hubs with distribution and logistics. Food hubs (often small warehouses or aggregators) work directly with Northeast Ohio farmers to handle some of the business aspects of selling food. Read more about Farm Fare in the Crain’s Cleveland Business magazine, weekly issue June 25-July 1, 2018. Click HERE.
Keep Up to Date with Your Child's Lunch Account & Activity
There is no fee to view and monitor your child's lunch activity by clicking on the "PaySchools Central" link located on the right hand side of this page. There is a slight transaction fee if you choose to make an on-line payment at this site. Pre-payments can also be made by sending a check or cash with your child to school with your child's name and grade on the outside of the envelope.
Charging a lunch is not permitted. In an emergency only at the Elementary level, should a student not have lunch money the daily lunch will be provided and their account will be noted as a negative. If the student does not have money again the next day, a substitute lunch will be provided and applied to the negative account. The negative balance has to be repaid.
- Elementary: $3.00, including milk
- Middle and High School: $3.25 or $3.75 for deluxe lunch, including milk
- Additional Milk: .60 cents
There are a few Ala Carte items available at the Elementary level and the price range is up to a $1.00. At the Middle and High School level Ala Carte items are available every day with deli sandwiches, hot sandwiches, pizza and a variety of salads. Breakfast is also available at the High and Middle School everyday with eggs, waffles, hot breakfast sandwiches, cereals, and daily specials. The High and Middle School cafeteria hours are from 7:15 a.m.-12:50 p.m.
Free and Reduced Breakfast and Lunch: Applications are located on the link to the right of this page. As a reminder, if a student receives free or reduced breakfast and/or lunch at the end of the last school year, the free or reduced status remains the same for the first thirty days of school. Please re-apply to continue these benefits if applicable.
The Food Service Department wishes each student a successful school year and thanks you for the opportunity to serve your children.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.