FOR ALL TRANSPORTATION INQUIRIES, PLEASE EMAIL:
Located in Medina County, Ohio, the Highland Local School District serves nearly 3,500 students across 78 square miles from several townships including Hinckley, Granger, Sharon, Montville, Medina, Brunswick Hills and Wadsworth.
Bus Transportation for New Students
Any new students who require school bus transportation are asked to email the Highland Transportation Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide the following information in your email:
- Parent's name
- Your child's name
- School attending
- Child's grade
- Home address
- Phone number
- Indicate if you need AM, PM transportation or BOTH.
Transportation Safety Precautions
Safety precautions remain a priority on all Highland school buses throughout the year.
- Automatic hand sanitizer mounted on each bus
- Use of assigned seating on each bus route
- Buses cleaned and disinfected regularly
- Students are only permitted to ride their assigned bus. If a change is needed due to childcare, parent must complete the required FORM. Please note, any change will take 72 hours to process. Student(s) will not be permitted to ride other buses for the purpose of visiting friends.
We also ask that parents perform a wellness check on their child(ren) prior to boarding the bus in the morning. If not feeling well, we ask that you do not send your student(s) to school.
Any questions regarding bus routes or other transportation information, please call (330) 239-1901, ext. 1219. Thank you for your cooperation.
Inclement Weather and Highland Transportation
- When the Highland District decides to operate on a two-hour delay or to close for the day, local media is alerted and an announcement banner is placed on the district website home page (www.highlandschools.org).
- Two-hour Delay: All buses will operate two hours later than the normal schedule.
- Calamity Day: If Highland is not in session due to inclement weather, there will be no transportation. Please check the district website and/or local television.
MCCC Schedule When Highland Schools Not In Session
On days when the Medina County Career Center is in session, but the Highland Local School District is not, transportation will be provided according to the following three-point, pick up/drop off schedule:
Please note MCCC pick-up/drop-off times for AUGUST 16-23, 2022 (MCCC begins school before HLS).
Pick-up times will be as follows:
- Sharon Elementary – 7:10 a.m.
- Highland High School (upper level) – 7:20 a.m.
- Hinckley Elementary – 7:30 a.m.
Drop-off times will be as follows:
- Hinckley Elementary – 2:30 p.m.
- Highland High School (upper level) – 2:40 p.m.
- Sharon Elementary – 2:50 p.m.