Located at the Board of Education Office
3880 Ridge Road, Medina, OH 44256
Phone Numbers: 330-239-1901, 330-686-1901, 330-278-2727
The Office of Communications manages a comprehensive communication, public relations and marketing program that builds and promotes positive relationships with the communities we serve. These relationships ultimately help to increase and maintain community support for the District. We are committed to providing accurate, timely and easy-to-understand information regarding the Highland Local School District, including special programs, events, curriculum updates, facilities updates, financial news, etc.
The Office of Communications is responsible for the following:
- Managing an internal and external communications programs
- Media relations, including press releases and coverage
- Planning and development of an annual marketing and communications plan
- Coordination and design of the annual report and District calendar
- Crisis communication and support
- Production of all District publications, including a quarterly newsletter, "The Highland Highlight," e-news updates, brochures, flyers, etc.
- Photography at special events and programs
- Coordination of the Highland Pride Award recognition program
- News and information updates to the website and social media platforms
- Assisting with the preparation of special reports
- Highland logo standards and policies
Our automated calling system is used for calamity days, emergencies and informational purposes. If you no longer wish to receive these calls or if you receive a call in error, please call 330-239-1901, ext. 5109 to be removed from the call list.
Highland Logo Policy (effective 10/2/18)
The Highland Hornet logo and the Highland H have officially been trademarked and copywritten! This is great news for the District, as we now have complete control over our school logos and will be better able to maintain a consistent brand and identity in our communities.
All schools in the district, as well as PTOs and other district-sponsored groups, clubs and organizations are permitted to use the official logos. Logos are not to be altered or changed in any way. No other versions or renditions of the Hornet or the H will be permitted to be used on printed items or clothing without prior consent by the Superintendent or the Director of Communications.
High resolution formats of the official logos are available upon request from the Communications Office.
Permission must be granted in writing prior to any outside, for-profit agencies, businesses or organizations reproducing the Hornet or the H logos. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Thanks!