Dear Highland Parents & Guardians,
To streamline our bus transportation routes more effectively for the 2021-22 school year, we need your assistance. Over 50 percent of Highland students routed each school year do not actually ride the bus. Although our Transportation Department does its best to design the most efficient routes possible, the high percentage of non-riders directly impacts our ability to schedule accurately.
With the new elementary school buildings opening this Fall, we would like to take this opportunity to update our transportation planning process to better serve all families in the district.
- Completion of this TRANSPORTATION REQUEST FORM IS REQUIRED BY ALL FAMILIES, regardless of if your student(s) will need bus transportation.
- Every student is eligible for busing; HOWEVER, if you do not complete this form, your child(ren) will not be routed/scheduled for a bus stop for the 2021-22 school year.
- Although all Highland students are eligible for bus transportation, any student who signs up for busing and does not ride for a period of 15 days or longer, will be viewed as not needing services and removed from the bus route. If busing needs to resume, contact the Transportation Department.
- Please complete a separate form for each child.
- Deadline to respond is Thursday, June 17.
TRANSPORTATION REQUEST FORM
The Transportation Department will begin working on the new routes and pick up/drop off times in July as it is an extensive process. Requests received AFTER JUNE 17 will not be processed until two weeks after the school year begins in September. Parents will be responsible for their child's transportation until that time.
Special circumstances (shared parenting, daycare, different address from home) or changes must be made directly to the Transportation Office by completing the “Alternate Address -- Bus Request Form” located on the district website on the Transportation home page.
We appreciate your help with this new process and will be working to offer a smooth transition into the 2021-22 school year!
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 330-239-1901, ext 1219.