Latest News ~
Did you know that PowerSchool has our Daily Announcements? When you open PowerSchool via the Portal on our web page, click on "School Bulletin." You will be able to read all the announcements pertaining to HMS activities. This page is updated daily. From the school web page: Portal -> Grade Book -> Student/Parent Gradebook Portal -> log in -> School Bulletin
HMS Cheerleading Clinics
For any 7th or 8th grade girl interested in Middle School Cheerleading, please plan to attend the Cheerleading Clinics on the following dates:
Thursday, August 21 Tuesday, August 26 Wednesday, August 27 Thursday, August 28
Highland Girls Junior High Club Golf Program 2014
Girls interesting in participating in the Highland Girls Golf Club fall program need to register ASAP. The program is open to 6-8th grade girls attending Highland Middle School. The 7-week program includesinstructional clinics on course play, rules and etiquette for those players just learning the game, as well as 9-hole play for all golfers at Rustic Hills Golf Course in Medina. Please download the attached flyer for full details and registration information.
Jr. High Golf Club Registration 2014
2014 HMS Supply Sale is August 14 , 12-7 p.m.
What will you do, you ask? Well, you can:
- Purchase All School Supplies. Brand-new and exactly what the teachers have requested. All supplies are pre-boxed for each grade level. Truly one-stop shopping. Credit cards are accepted. Additional items such as calculators, locker organizers, flash drives, paper, pens, and pencils will be available.
- Turn in all those pesky “Back to School” forms. You can fill them out ahead of time, too! They are linked on the Highland web page. Go to: Home page: Back to School and New Students/ Beginning of the Year Forms.
- Have your student’s School Picture taken. YOU can see their hair and their outfit right as they sit for their photograph and purchase the exact package you’d like.
- Pick up your child’s Schedule. Find their classrooms and homeroom, even their locker location! Yes, practice the combination and move school items into the locker before school begins!
- From 4:30-6:30 p.m., your 7th grader can receive the required TdaP Vaccine by the Medina County Health Department. Cost is $15 and can be charged to credit card. All 7th graders must have this immunization.
- Outfit the entire family in Highland Sprit Wear. Athletic Sports Boosters will be here selling the new 2013 gear.
If your family cannot attend, don’t worry!
- Schedules and locker assignments can be picked up at the school on Friday, August 15 from 3-5 p.m. Homeroom lists will also be posted on the front doors on August 14.
- All students will receive another copy of their schedule on the 1st day of school.
- Supply lists will be posted on the web page on August 14. Teachers do not expect students to have all supplies during the first week of school!
- School Pictures will be taken again, and re-takes, in October.
We Need Your Help! Please Volunteer. Simply sign up through the following link.
Girls On Track Coming to HMS
GOT is a life-changing, non-profit program for girls in 6th through 8th grade. Our mission is to inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
The 20-lesson Girls on Track curriculum combines training for a 5K (3.1 miles) running event with lessons that inspire girls to become independent thinkers, enhance their problem solving skills and make healthy decisions. All of this is accomplished through an active collaboration with girls and their parents, schools, volunteers, staff, and the community.
We will be meeting right after school M/W or T/Th in small teams of 8-15 girls, we teach life skills through dynamic, conversation-based lessons and running games.
REGISTRATION: To ensure that all girls have equal opportunity to participate in Girls on Track, we are implementing a registration lottery for Fall 2014. Registration will open August 21 at 9:30 a.m. All registrations will be entered into a lottery for the site of their choosing. On August 28, registration will close at noon for all sites that have exceeded capacity (15 girls). GOTRGS will then conduct a random lottery to determine each team’s roster. Registration will then remain open for any teams that have not reached capacity. For more information, please visit the website: www.gotrgreatersummit.org
Fall season begins September 15. Fall GOTR 5k is November 16.
We are in need of 3 more coaches! If interested, please call Erin Hill at 330-304-4400. We will also have information available at the Middle School Supply Sale on August 14!
Drop-Off / Pick-Up Procedure
All drivers must drop-off or pick-up students in the back (west) of the building between 6:50–7:25 a.m. and 2–2:45 p.m. This is to ensure everyone's safety. Cars are to use the entrance from Wilbur Road only. Buses use the entrance on Rt. 94. We recognize that the morning can be congested. Dropping off by 7 a.m. will help to alleviate that congestion. The building is open and students can go to the gym to sit or to cafeteria and eat. Driver cooperation is appreciated.
Stay in the Loop!
Sign up to receive updates and news from Highland Middle School and the District via e-newsletter, Twitter and Facebook From the district home page, scroll to the bottom right-hand corner and check the schools you'd like to receive e-newsletters. Enter your name and email address and click on the subscribe button.
Follow HMS and Highland District on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/highland.schools
Follow HMS on Twitter: @MrRobertsHMS
Social internet networking sites are an effective method to communicate and exchange information. Highland Schools employs Twitter and Facebook accounts as another media outlet for our community. However, there have been times that school personnel and/or law enforcement agencies are made aware of derogatory, vulgar and profane comments posted on student Facebook pages, or similar social networking sites. If your student has an account, insist on monitoring the postings and pages closely. As parent, you should have all login and password information for your children's accounts.
Mr. Rob Henry, Principal - x1200
Mr. Christopher Roberts, Assistant Prinicpal - x1202
Mr. Rob Gilbert, Counselor - x1206
Mrs. Phyllis Kulbis, Secretary - x1201
Mrs. Jan Novosielski, Office Aide - x1204
Attendance Line - x1511
Main Line - (330) 239-1901