Latest News ~
Attention HHS Students:
We have received several calls regarding class schedules for the 2015-16 school year. Please note that schedules have NOT been finalized. Guidance counselors are still working on scheduling and will contact students directly if there is a schedule conflict. HHS students will receive an accurate and updated schedule when school starts on August 19.
High School Forms Now Online
We are excited that Highland High School has partnered with FinalForms, a secure on-line program that enables you and your student to complete and file school registration forms electronically. This will only need to be done once throughout your child’s high school years. Once completed, you may log in at any time to update information.
FinalForms is immediately available for all high school students. Please enter only your HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT(S) this year. In the future, we hope to offer this program at our middle school and elementary schools.
All HHS school registration forms will only be accepted electronically via FinalForms. Some important points to note:
- Emergency contact information is included on these forms. Please be sure to provide accurate information as it will be imported into our system automatically for emergency alert calls.
- The form that is required to be printed and completed is the OHSAA Physical Form for student-athletes.
- Physical form must be completed by a doctor, and by law, we are required to have a signed copy on file.
- Several student-athletes completed their physicals in May, and we have those on file.
- If not, once your student’s physical is received by the athletic office, we will enter the expiration date into FinalForms and you will receive automatic notifications when forms need to be updated.
- ALL parents of HHS students (grades 9-12) are to register and must use FinalForms to complete school paperwork for the 2015-16 school year.
- Click on the Parent Registration Guide to get information. This link is also available on the Highland High School web page.
- Go to: and electronically complete all registration forms.
- Registration forms must be completed by August 13, 2015.
Thank you for your assistance in helping to streamline this process.
Boys Middle School / High School Golf Information
Any boy interested in trying out for the High School Golf Team should attend try-outs at Skyland Golf Course on August 3. These try-outs will start at 7:30 a.m. Please bring a physical form with you if it has not been turned into the athletic office. Any student who does not have a physical will not be able to try-out.
The Highland Boys Middle School Golf Team try-outs will be held at Skyland Golf Course on August 3 at 10:05 a.m. and August 4 at 11 a.m. and will commence on August 5 (time to be determined). These try-outs are available for any middle school boy entering 6th, 7th or 8th grade for the 2015-16 school year. Try-outs will be 9 holes long so please plan accordingly for pick up at course. If you have any questions, contact Coach Dutt at .
6 Qualify for National Merit Scholarship Program
Congratulations to six Highland High School seniors who have met the requirements and qualified to enter the 2016 National Merit Scholarship Program. Karis Courey, Jacob Lewton, Molly O’Donnell, Carissa Temerson, James Wagner and Joseph Wiencek are among the 50,000 highest scoring participants who will be recognized in the fall. In total, over 1.5 million entered the program. Of the 50,000 high scorers nationwide, about 16,000 will be named National Merit Program Semi-finalists, representing the top scorers in each state, and approximately 34,000 others will be commended for their performance on the PSAT/NMSQT. Semi-finalists and commended students will learn of their standing in September. Semi-finalists will then have the opportunity to continue in the competition for about 8,000 National Merit Scholarships to be offered in 2016. Good luck!
HHS Ranked Among Top Schools
HHS College Readiness Highest in Past 5 Years
The College Readiness letter for Highland High School was released on August 20. The report reflects the achievement of Highland graduates on the ACT over time and an indication of the extent to which they are prepared for college-level work. This report also summarizes the Five-Year trends for our average ACT scores. The 2014 results are the highest in the last five years in each of the six categories: Total Tested, English, Math, Reading, Science, Composition, and Composite. In fact, beginning with the graduating Class of 2012, our students have trended upward each year in each category. HHS College Readiness Letter 2014