Latest News ~
Preseaon Training for Highland Swimming
Early fall preseason training for Highland Swimming is currently underway at Medina Rec. on Weymouth Road. If you plan on swimming for Highland in November you need to start traning this fall. The alternate start date is Sept. 8. Registration is now open. For more information please visit www.highlandswimming.org and www.medinaswimming.com.
Top High School Ranking
We are pleased to announce that Highland High School has been named one of America’s Top High Schools 2015 by Newsweek Magazine. There are only 34 Ohio schools that made this list. Below is a link for the article and for the methodology in establishing the rankings.
It's time to order your Spirit Wear!
There are many new items available this year. The Spirit Wear order form is attached for your convenience and also available on the website. Orders must be submitted to the High School Athletic Office or Middle School Office by the end of the day on Friday, August 28. Orders will be distributed on Friday, September 25. 2015-16 Spiritwear Order Form
Any questions, please contact Helen Grayson at .
High School Forms Now Online
We are excited that Highland High School has partnered with FinalForms, a secure on-line program that enables you and your student to complete and file school registration forms electronically. This will only need to be done once throughout your child’s high school years. Once completed, you may log in at any time to update information.
FinalForms is immediately available for all high school students. Please enter only your HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT(S) this year. In the future, we hope to offer this program at our middle school and elementary schools.
All HHS school registration forms will only be accepted electronically via FinalForms. Some important points to note:
- Emergency contact information is included on these forms. Please be sure to provide accurate information as it will be imported into our system automatically for emergency alert calls.
- The form that is required to be printed and completed is the OHSAA Physical Form for student-athletes.
- Physical form must be completed by a doctor, and by law, we are required to have a signed copy on file.
- Several student-athletes completed their physicals in May, and we have those on file.
- If not, once your student’s physical is received by the athletic office, we will enter the expiration date into FinalForms and you will receive automatic notifications when forms need to be updated.
- ALL parents of HHS students (grades 9-12) are to register and must use FinalForms to complete school paperwork for the 2015-16 school year.
- Click on the Parent Registration Guide to get information. This link is also available on the Highland High School web page.
- Go to: and electronically complete all registration forms.
- Registration forms must be completed by August 13, 2015.
Thank you for your assistance in helping to streamline this process.
6 Qualify for National Merit Scholarship Program
Congratulations to six Highland High School seniors who have met the requirements and qualified to enter the 2016 National Merit Scholarship Program. Karis Courey, Jacob Lewton, Molly O’Donnell, Carissa Temerson, James Wagner and Joseph Wiencek are among the 50,000 highest scoring participants who will be recognized in the fall. In total, over 1.5 million entered the program. Of the 50,000 high scorers nationwide, about 16,000 will be named National Merit Program Semi-finalists, representing the top scorers in each state, and approximately 34,000 others will be commended for their performance on the PSAT/NMSQT. Semi-finalists and commended students will learn of their standing in September. Semi-finalists will then have the opportunity to continue in the competition for about 8,000 National Merit Scholarships to be offered in 2016. Good luck!
HHS Ranked Among Top Schools
HHS College Readiness Highest in Past 5 Years
The College Readiness letter for Highland High School was released on August 20. The report reflects the achievement of Highland graduates on the ACT over time and an indication of the extent to which they are prepared for college-level work. This report also summarizes the Five-Year trends for our average ACT scores. The 2014 results are the highest in the last five years in each of the six categories: Total Tested, English, Math, Reading, Science, Composition, and Composite. In fact, beginning with the graduating Class of 2012, our students have trended upward each year in each category. HHS College Readiness Letter 2014