Located at the Board of Education Office
3880 Ridge Road, Medina, OH 44256
Phone Numbers: 330-239-1901, 330-686-1901, 330-278-2727
The Office of Communications manages a comprehensive communication, public relations and marketing program that builds and promotes positive relationships with the communities we serve. These relationships ultimately help to increase and maintain community support for the District. We are committed to providing accurate, timely and easy-to-understand information regarding the Highland Local School District, including special programs, events, curriculum updates, facilities updates, financial news, etc.
The Office of Communications is responsible for the following:
- Managing an internal and external communications programs
- Media relations, including press releases and coverage
- Planning and development of an annual marketing and communications plan
- Coordination and design of the annual report and District calendar
- Crisis communication and support
- Production of all District publications, including a quarterly newsletter, "The Highland Highlight," e-news updates, brochures, flyers, etc.
- Photography at special events and programs
- Coordination of the Highland Pride Award recognition program
- News and information updates to the website and social media platforms
- Assisting with the preparation of special reports
Our automated calling system is used for snow days, emergencies and informational purposes. If you do not want to receive these calls or if you received a call and do not have a student in our district plese call 330.239.1901 x5109 to be taken off the list.