It is hard to believe that another school year is coming to a close. It has been a great year of learning and growing at the Highland Schools!
We are especially excited that our parents and community supported a bond issue to build three new elementary schools and renovate Highland Middle School, as well as an operating renewal levy. Thank you!
Since January, our teachers, administrative team, construction managers and architects have been working diligently on plans, possible land acquisition and designs for the new buildings. See timeline below.
- January 2018:
- GPD Group leads Educational Visioning Sessions for staff and community members
- Superintendent & Curriculum Director attend “Future of Learning” seminar on January 18, sponsored by KnowledgeWorks
- Board looks into possible land acquisitions for new building sites
- February 2018:
- March 2018:
- Board of Education approves purchase of land on Wilbur Road to be the site of the new Granger Elementary School
- April 2018:
- GPD Group leads several meetings with key staff members regarding Program of Requirements for new schools.
- May 2018:
- GPD Group, administration and staff visit and tour new school facilities in Strongsville, Lyndhurst and New Albany.
- Board continues to consider additional land acquisitions for Hinckley and Sharon building sites
Our building project team will continue to work throughout the summer months on educational planning, school designs, conducting additional site visits and finalizing a construction timeline. We will keep you informed through our e-newsletters, website and Facebook page of any updates. As always, please check our website for the most current information.
Should you have any questions, please contact Dawn Marzano, Director of Communications, at 330-239-1901, ext. 1261 or via email at email@example.com.