The Highland Band Boosters is dedicated to promoting excellence and enjoyment in instrumental music education, as well as providing financial and moral support to the Highland music program to benefit the students, band directors, teachers and the Highland community.
We build and maintain an organization of parents who help promote the general activities of the instrumental music program at Highland.
The Band Boosters is a volunteer organization. Membership is free and open to parents and guardians of Highland students participating in the elementary, middle and high school instrumental music program, as well as Alumni band members. Meetings are held the third Tuesday of each month in the high school band room at 7 p.m.
Volunteer Opportunities with the Band Boosters
- Tag Day: A Saturday in September
Tag day is the Band's largest fundraiser. We need parent DRIVERS, about 50 of them, as the students are not permitted to drive. The parents are asked to drive 2 to 4 band members door-to-door (in their uniforms) on pre-assigned routes in the district asking for donations. Drivers are committed between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. A cookout lunch is provided back at school for both students and volunteers after route is completed. And if you can’t drive, we still need help with food donations and serving our hungry crew.
- Uniform Room
Throughout the marching season, responsibilities include: repairing uniforms, hemming, sewing buttons, making alterations, etc. Pre-game distributing hats, gloves, etc. Post-game assisting putting away uniforms and helping the students to "hang it up correctly."
- Thursday Night Practice
Just show up! There is always something going on to get the uniforms prepped and ready for Friday night games. Also you can see how the band practices and tries out their new moves.
- Hair on Fridays
Band members with long hair must have it pulled up off the uniform collar. We ALWAYS need people to help braid hair. You don’t have to know how; we’ll teach you! Contact Sue Schniegenberg if interested.
- Spirit Wear
Volunteers are needed to sell Band Boosters Spirit Wear in the booster trailer at all home football games and other related events.
Contact Kathy Hoose if interested.
- Other Ways to Volunteer
We have many events where we need parents to help. Band camp lunch, Pig Roast fundraiser booth, ice cream social, food donations, taking pictures, other band booster projects, etc.
Most of our volunteer opportunities are managed via SignUpGenius. So watch your email or go to Highland Band Boosters (Sign Up Genius) for available opportunities.
2016-17 Highland Band Booster Officers
- Gretchen Dragich, President, email@example.com
- Steve Hengeli, Treasurer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connie King, Vice President –Ways & Means, email@example.com
- Tonya Hartwell –VP Special Events, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wendy Hengeli, Secretary, email@example.com
- Sue Schniegenberg, Uniform Room (Senior parent rep), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Uniform room
- Kathleen Fischer, Communications/Newsletter, email@example.com
- Spirit Wear, Kathy Hoose, GKHoose@aol.com
- Concert Wear, Missy Schreiner, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cookie Mom, Lisa Dayton, email@example.com
- Instrument Trailer, Todd Krochta, Tkrochta@yahoo.com
- Gail Gold, Band Aids, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karen Weekley, Alumni Band, Karen.Weekley@omnicare.com
2016-17 Monthly Meeting Schedule
All meetings are held on the third Tuesday of the month in the high school band room at 7 p.m., unless otherwise noted
- August 9, 2016
- September 20, 2016
- October 18, 2016
- November 15, 2016
- January 17, 2017
- February 21, 2017
- March 21, 2017
- April 18, 2017
- May, TBD