Dear Highland Hornet Fans, Players and Coaches:
The Highland Athletic Boosters has a simple goal -- to promote athletics and provide both financial and moral support to the student athletes of the Highland Local School District.
Over the last few years, HAB has been fortunate enough to have had the resources to provide in excess of $250,000 worth of support to the athletic programs. The Boosters work with HAFA and were integral in helping raise the funds for the new athletic complex. We provide the financial backing for all of the team uniforms, partial scholarships, some of the equipment and training needs and travel reimbursement for all state qualifiers. This support extends to both the high school and middle school sport teams, as well as the cheerleaders.
Each year we anticipate an increase in requests for support and, in order for us to be able to meet all of those requests; we ask that you support our efforts! Here are a few ways:
- Encourage all students and their families to attend Highland athletic events. We are working to increase attendance at ALL sporting events, but we need your assistance!
- Consider joining the Highland Athletic Boosters. Our organization benefits all of the athletic teams, cheerleaders and the dance team. We have set up multiple levels of membership beginning at just $30 with benefits associated with each level. Our Gold level of membership includes family passes for 2 adults and 4 children to all home sporting events. As membership levels increase, so does our ability to support financial requests.
- Volunteer to help work the concession stands at athletic events.
- Consider donating your time & expertise to one of the many Booster committees. We are always looking for volunteers to assist with committees and events. We welcome new ideas and suggestions. The Pig Roast, Spirit Wear and Advertising Committees are actively seeking help! Please contact Booster President Jeff Rogers to learn more!
- Attend our monthly meetings. The meetings are held the FIRST Monday of each month at the Highland Public Library.
All of our efforts are focused on supporting the student athletes, administration and coaches of the Highland District. We encourage anyone who is interested to attend the meetings and we are always looking for volunteers to assist with the various Booster Club projects. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at any time. GO HORNETS!
Team Membership Incentive Program Winners (2015-16)
The HAB Team Membership Incentive Program has been determined for the 2015-16 school year. This program rewards all team sports, including the cheerleaders, for the percentage of booster memberships their families participate in with their membership in the booster club. Sports must reach the 25% level in order to qualify for this program. Congrats to the following teams:
- Boys Basketball: 12 Gold Members - 36.36% ($200)
- Girls Basketball: 9 Gold Members - 40.91% ($200)
- Boys Soccer: 12 Gold Members - 27.91% ($200)
- Girls Soccer: 16 Gold Members - 45.71% ($200)
- Football: 26 Gold Members - 25.49% ($200)
- Cheerleaders: 7 Gold Members - 26.92% ($200)
The incentive program also allows an additional $400 to be awarded to the sport with the highest booster membership. Congrats to the Girls Soccer Team who receive an additional $400.
2017 Monthly Meetings
Meetings are held the FIRST Monday of each month at the Highland Public Library at 7 p.m., unless otherwise noted.
- TUESDAY, January 10 at HHS Cafeteria (CANCELED DUE TO WEATHER)
- February 6
- March 6 at HHS Cafeteria
- April 3 at HHS Cafeteria
- May 1 at HHS Cafeteria
2016-17 HAB Officers
Jeff Rogers, President, firstname.lastname@example.org
Curtis Mall, 1st Vice President, email@example.com
Jeff Miller, 2nd Vice President/Concessions, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jim Florian, Treasurer, email@example.com
Dave Suran, Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org
Debbie Mall, Membership, email@example.com
Jeff Rogers, Banners/Promotion/Communication, firstname.lastname@example.org
Debbie Mall, Sports Programs, email@example.com
Helen Grayson, Spiritwear, firstname.lastname@example.org
Vickie Suran, Pig Roast Coordinator, email@example.com